Talk to Us!
Darlington (Head Office) 01325 254688
Thornaby 01642 807669
SCORE - Social Skills Groups
Social Communication Organisation Regulation Engagement
Future Steps SCORE Group is aimed at improving the quality of life for children with social and communication difficulties, whether this means making and maintaining valued friendships, communicating needs within the family unit or ability to engage with new people. The SCORE Group is a staged after school programme that has goals and aims every week. The group is based on age and children must be able to cope within mainstream school without a one-to-one for the group to be effective.
• Communication and social interactions with peers and adults
• Sharing skills
• Turn taking skills
• Listening skills
• Reduce anxiousness in social situations
• Working as part of a team
• Cooperating with others and making friends
• Showing empathy/understanding for other people’s feelings
• Ability to give and follow instructions.
• Verbal and non-verbal communication skills
• Understanding feelings
• Develop child’s level of play towards the higher, more social play levels of associative and cooperative where they take on a role within a game or/and adhere to rules within a game.
• Engagement in games that involve winning and losing and coping with this in an appropriate manner
• Social skills around everyday tasks such as meeting new people, paying at the shop and choosing meals at a restaurant
attachment assessment children parents training help support
family services help attachment
attachment treatment and programmes
Does my child have attachment issues?
Amazing service staff were excellent! Loved the fact that I could watch the assessment from outside of the room.