This is a specialised intense therapeutic intervention programme to enable a child to remain in their school. This programme is particularly aimed at children who are not coping or have been excluded who have significant sensory processing needs resulting in negative behaviours.
The Steps Programme Aims To;
1. Reduce challenging behaviour in the classroom.
2. Develop the sensory system’s effecting the child’s presentation.
3. Provide an integrated approach and strategies so the child can succeed within their host school.
4. Improve engagement, motivation, behaviour, and educational success by unleashing the child’s true potential.
5. Successful outcomes by combining the expertise of Future Steps and the child's host school
The STEPS Programme ensures a smooth development into mainstream setting; enabling continuation of intervention to take place via programmes, training and effective communication with parents and the professionals involved. The host school, as well as parents/carers, are an integral part of this process.
The STEPS Programme has supported many children and their families throughout the North East and will continue to do so.
We've been so lucky to find future steps and we've been supported by them and learnt so much from them along the way. They have the individual needs of the child at the forefront of everything they do. We are forever in your debt and promise to continue the amazing work you've opened our eyes to
So very grateful for all the support help and guidance that all the staff have given our family in the last few months. Without you all I don't know what we would of done...Amazing so very grateful.
I have the amazing opportunity to work alongside these lovely people right now!! I am in awe! An amazing place with amazing people! Thank you for being so welcoming! I love to learn and you've created a fire in me to learn more about your wonderful therapy and therapeutic/holistic approach!! Thank you