Talk to Us!
Darlington (Head Office) 01325 254688
Thornaby 01642 807669
This Privacy Notice explains what to expect when Future Steps Consultancy collects and uses your personal information. We encourage you to please read it carefully.
If you’d like to learn more about our Data Protection and Privacy Policies or get further clarification, please contact us.
Future Steps Consultancy is committed to respecting your privacy and ensuring the personal information you have entrusted to us is held securely. We process personal information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 and the Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. Data protection laws have been updated to strengthen your rights and give you control over the personal information that organisations hold about you.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information in the following ways:
Directly from you when you:
• Contact us with an enquiry
• Complete Future Steps referral forms
• Register to take part in training
• Visit our website. Please see our Cookies section for more information
• Apply for a job to join our team
From other sources:
• When a third party refers you to our service
• When a third party provides information, with consent, to facilitate the services we provide for you
• We may use the Royal Mail’s postcode finder to check the accuracy of the address we hold
information we collect
• Personal identifiers such as your title, name and date of birth
• Information relating to your child including developmental and medical information, and their ability in the home and in education
• Contact details including postal address, postcode, email and telephone numbers
• Financial information such as your bank details
• Records of your contact with us
• Video footage to assist with therapeutic input. Consent for this to be done is always sought before we go ahead
Sensitive personal data
The Data Protection Act recognises some information as ‘sensitive personal data’. This includes, but is not limited to, information which reveals health issues, race or ethnic origin.
Future Steps Consultancy will always treat any sensitive personal data we process with the greatest care and process the information in accordance with the Data Protection Act. We collect this sensitive information where it is necessary to provide the requested services that you have consented to.
Updating your information
It is extremely important, and greatly appreciated, that should any of your details change, you advise Future Steps Consultancy straight away in writing.
Why we collect your personal information
We collect your personal information:
• For the administration of any Future Steps Consultancy involvement with you including assessment, treatment, training, STRIVE, after-school groups, …..
• To enable us to contact you with relevant and the most appropriate information. Please see more details in the Marketing Permissions section.
• For compliance with employment law and other statutory requirements.
We always ensure that your information is stored securely and is only accessible to those members of our team who require it.
We love sharing news and updating you with information regarding Future Steps events and services. Future Steps Consultancy is committed to respecting your choice to receive marketing communication. You can update your permission and contact preferences at any time by getting in touch via telephone, email or website via the Contact Us page.
Email marketing: we will ask for you permission to contact you by email for marketing purposes.
Social media: Future Steps will publish marketing material on our social media channels. By choosing to follow us you will be opting in to view these campaigns.
On occasion we may ask your permission to take photos and/or video footage of you and/or your child. In these instances we will be transparent with our reasons for doing so, how these images and footage will be used, and we will always ask for your permission.
Who we share your information with
Future Steps Consultancy may share your personal information with trusted third parties where it is necessary to provide services you have requested, or where they are contracted to develop or maintain our systems.
We monitor information security compliance and have written contracts which obligate our partners or third party providers to process your personal information only on our instructions and in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws.
How long we keep your data
Future Steps Consultancy will only keep your personal information for as long as it is required and in accordance with statutory requirements. Where the information is no longer required, we will ensure that it is disposed of in a secure manner.
If you have indicated that you do not wish to hear from us in the future, we will keep the minimum information necessary to ensure we avoid contacting you any further.
Your information rights and choices
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides you with the following rights:
• The right to be informed
• The right of access
• The right of rectification
• The right of erasure
• The right to restrict processing
• The right to data portability
• The right to object
• The right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling
• The right to submit subject access requests
The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR)
gives you the right:
• To choose whether or not to receive marketing communication from us by email, or telephone. Please see the Marketing Permissions section for more information about how to change or update your contact permissions and preferences
• To know about the cookies Future Steps Consultancy uses, so that you can decide whether to give us permission to store a cookie on your device. Please see the Cookies section for more information
Reporting concerns or compliments
Please contact us if you wish to raise a concern about Future Steps Consultancy’s handling of your personal information, or compliment what you think we have done well.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office about how we manage your data.
Changes to this privacy notice
Future Steps Consultancy will review this privacy notice regularly and may update it at any time for example, in the event of changes in law or how we operate. Please do check here,on our website from time to time. If there are any significant changes in the way we process your personal information, we will provide a prominent notice on our website or send you a notification.
Amazing service staff were excellent! Loved the fact that I could watch the assessment from outside of the room.